Out of stock
The First Pedal 44 is the perfect, great value bike for 4 to 5 year olds with an average inside leg of 44cm
We have reduced the weight of this model by using smaller tube diameters and thinner tube walls. The Frog 44 weighs only 6.39kg. Along with this weight saving, we have lowered the bottom bracket to achieve a more ergonomic position on the bike.
One of the biggest temptations is to buy a bike your child will ‘grow into’. However, this is likely to have the opposite effect and put your child off bikes and cycling altogether! This new frame has a longer steerer tube which includes a 10mm spacer ontop of the stem. This allows room to move the handlebars into a higher position as they grow.
Another common mistake is to purchase a budget bike but these models are often as heavy as the child and leads to tears and frustration at not being able to cycle. Our lightweight bikes are a great confidence booster and can also be used as a balance bike for a taller child by removing the pedals.
Wheel Size: 16″ inch
Colour: Electric Blue
Why buy a Frog 44?
– Lightweight but sturdy frame making the bike easy to manoeuvre for your child and easy for you to carry
– Tektro brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers. Better control means improved confidence for young riders
– Patented Frog cranks for easier pedalling reduces the distance between the pedals increasing efficiency and comfort
– Free 5 year warranty on frame and forks
– Reflectors, mudguard and bell included
Get in contact today for more information or to check stock. Or pop in and see the bike for yourself and we’ll be happy to help. We are open Monday –
CycleScheme is an employee benefit that saves you 25-39% on a bike and accessories. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax efficiently from your salary by your employer.
Use our cost calculator to see how much money you could save on your new bike.